VOIP and Telos 2x12
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: VOIP and Telos 2x12
From: Mark Murdock <mark@celebrationradio.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 22:29:06 +0000

I have a very specific thing I need help with, and I wonder if anyone here is able to help. We have an old analog POTS Telos 2x12 hybrid and we’re planning to move away from ATT and analog lines to VOIP. We will probably go with a cloud PBX with a SIP trunk. We have purchased a Cisco SPA8000 ATA that Telos Support said some stations are using to convert the VOIP calls to analog. But the Telos people can’t help us get it configured, they just said it has been done. I have been testing FreePBX on the local network, and have been able to get one line of the Cisco to register on the PBX on an extension, and it shows up on the Telos handset, but I get no dialtone. I can get dialtone on that line with a POTS phone, but it won’t complete calls to the other two softphone extensions I have going. Is there anyone here who can help out? Have you been able to accomplish this?

By the way, I know we can buy the new Telos digital system, but we are hoping to save $6,000.

Thanks!

Mark Murdock

Production Director

KAMB