If you are looking for work, a friend tells me he is looking for you. He is not affiliated with the organization I work for. The job listing is beneath my signature.
Steve Tuzeneu, CBT
Network Staff Engineer
BBN Radio Network
P.O. Box 7300
Charlotte , NC 28241-7300
704-523-5555 Extension 138
Member: Society of Broadcast Engineers
G.R.O.L./N1XXE-Extra Class Operator
Chief Engineer for Tulsa, OK based cluster consisting of 5 FM (1 HD), 3 AM and 2 translators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment and transmissions.
- Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards when needed, including Audio over IP systems and automation systems like Nexgen.
- Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios and at transmitter sites.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or related course of study.
- At least 5-7 years of experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
- field experience with transmitter sites
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Experience with the following:
- Digital routers and audio recorders.
- AOIP systems
- Nexgen automatins system
- Broadcast consoles.
- Satellite receivers.
- Strong IT and networking skills.
- RF based transmission equipment.
About Stephens Media Group:
Stephens Media Group is a fast-growing company that believe strongly in local radio. The home office is located in Tulsa, Ok with additional clusters in Rochester, NY, Watertown, NY, Yakima, Washington, Tri-Cities, Washington and Ardmore Oklahoma. 40+ radio stations all locally programmed and committed to serving their local markets. In 2019 we will move into a newly-expanded 24,000 square foot facility with all new studios and infrastructure. Benefits include paid vacation, flexible schedule, health/dental/vision insurance plans and paid holidays. Salary commensurate with experience. Tulsa enjoys very affordable housing, lower than average cost of living is in the top 100 best places to live as cited by U.S. News and World Report.