Re: Short-term radio missions work request
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Short-term radio missions work request
From: Steve Tuzeneu <stuzeneu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:51:54 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=qs+xVhVs7L3tPuJWQDrKWAJ+DyF9l5kspgiV6HSqF28=; b=dX+uxcC9i/UbnNgBW3DhH+CEPxiWrB24HD0HOQAnzDL2TdPps6REwsy5/ySKB4J/12 xTlAWd+fy33rkx1Imp/3WKPVTl7o9TCypLlDmU8pqkAoEusFNUWP2rR1rXsZrwhdxRoO sucy/IvVYKJ2Kzqqu1e7aHrdTev0zoPwNZ/veFDWKyw9FlAAqa2qbnW/55UQEOeFXjAK QVmfxuCNrX/CfhYogkr85rJqUb7oG4EU6hYfPeOJLLbZVMaDlFNftpS+OpH2fCk4dIhP HRkyZxoIJdDHlEQnqMOtxyn3zzNDCquKAt5IVEHx7fFMhBeFOST7jdMKnalHyLDJ8e4e /sLQ==
Wow!

That's a very tall order!  At BBN we have been looking for a replacement engineer to replace the guy that left for several months, and our engineers get a salary.

Asking a qualified engineer to work for free, is like asking an attorney or doctor  to work for free.

If I could afford to take off work without pay, I would be tempted to go, but I don't have the money to pay my own travel and associated expense.

I hope Gene can find someone.  TWR is always looking for engineers, and they don't pay either, each engineer has to raise his own support, and that is not an easy task.

I used to volunteer my engineering services for a non-commercial station with almost no money,  they were in the same town, but I volunteered on my terms and when I had the time.

Steve Tuzeneu,  CBT
Network Staff Engineer
BBN Radio Network
P.O. Box 7300