RE: Used Bellows for BE FM-30T
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Used Bellows for BE FM-30T
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:27:52 -0800

An FM-30T I maintained used to occasionally arc from the large cylinder around and above the tube up to the top of the PA cavity.   I found arc burn marks at the top of the cylinder and the top surface of the cavity.   Also found holes in the bellows, but not sure if these were caused by the same type of arcs.    The plate breaker would trip when it arced, requiring a trip out to reset it.

BE support said the chance of arcs can be minimized by setting the plate tuning slightly to one side of peak, but don’t remember which side.

Bill