Re: Canada Safety Code 6
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Canada Safety Code 6
From: Laverne Siemens <lsiemens@goldenwestradio.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:01:17 -0600
We are in the middle of our second round of getting these reports ready for ISED.  We completed a number of them last year.   We have several scenarios for our 40+ signals across the Canadian prairies.
  • For our own tower sites we have had our consulting engineer do the calculations and then we have put up the fencing/signage needed to meet compliancy.
  • In several cases we are co-located on CBC/Global towers.  They are sharing their reports with us and we will then we submit them to ISED as part of our renewal process.
  • We are also co-located on several towers owned by telco/wireless companies.  I am checking with them to see if they have completed reports to share.  My hunch is that I will need to pay to get most of them done. It will be a bonus if it turns out to be a shared cost.
I don't have your exact scenario as one of several broadcasters on a non-broadcast facility.  You would think you should be able to come up with a shared cost arrangement as their renewals will also be dependent on the report...if not by April certainly in the next few years.

Good luck with yours. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss further.

Laverne Siemens

Golden West Radio

204-324-2301