Canada Safety Code 6
To: <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Canada Safety Code 6
From: <davecurrie8663371234@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:06:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-language :thread-index; bh=FnRiONmtQ9clSoQC6PMktgK/mg4kkCqWukisxhLmSag=; b=aAkO4t89rkxPXQiW5hgzPN/7i9TMANm3v3eDktlqh5UINX2igCOqu5Uam8v22Z7Rno sRzXK8QTPI547LXM4B7gMDARcQ1TJfeguQ6g947wEvX9QYZe9tMBEGiFoF9b91QPFdAd 6mS3UfLAO/Tto3wHkQicOdi2oapLDSKwyVr4N+0kosAGiJ7Hi5844TENf+GFJCdtTHGy cljQoldwXc4iD+TukvG9gPjQzjg8bnd4iIPnQvceM5iHm9dTzdwZxjiB8b6uUif+E6+Q 6kBVb+ReqSn0q1Psjl29IFSZ2KwmAGQjMb+NcMAGnaX6tkUBYkCFIU4jirjrqdFqwgMO +y7A==

This message is for CANADIAN CRTechs who may be affected by the ISED enforcement of Safety Code 6.

One of my transmitters is located on the rooftop of the highest building in downtown London Ontario.  I share the roof with a University Radio Station, lots and lots of VHF and UHF repeaters, VHF Paging and I believe even a SirusXM local transmitter.  And add to the mix a myriad of 2.4 and 5 gig unlicensed internet access.

I have just received a notice that my Broadcasting Certificate expires end of August 2019 and the renewal process must be completed by end of April 2019.  Up until now this has been a pretty routine procedure.

ISED (for the US guys – this is the equivalent to the technical side of the FCC) is now enforcing Safety Code 6 compliance.

I would like to hear from any Canadian CRTechs who have been through this venture and how you were able to obtain the attestation of conformance to Safety Code 6.  If your transmitter is co-located with other transmitters how have you addressed the shared responsibility for the cost of attestation?

I went through a relatively simple Safety Code 6 routine for my transmitter in Kitchener Ontario.  We ate the entire cost but we were the only FM Broadcaster at the site.  Cost was about $ 2500.00.  I am afraid that my London site will cost significantly more.

Suggestions and ideas will be very much appreciated.

The attachment is part of my Broadcast Certificate Renewal notice

Dave Currie

CJTW 93.7 Kitchener – CHJX 99.9 London – CJFH 94.3 Woodstock

Please consider supporting our Ministry!

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same. Thank you!

Follow-Ups: Re: Canada Safety Code 6
(Laverne Siemens <lsiemens@goldenwestradio.com>, 15 Nov 2018 01:01:32 -0000)