Handheld mic for iPhone remotes
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Handheld mic for iPhone remotes
From: Mark Murdock <mark@celebrationradio.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 17:22:52 +0000

We’ve been doing a few remotes using an iPhone connecting to our Comrex Access. The iPhone is a newer model that doesn’t have the headphone jack, just the lightning port. What ideas do you have for connecting a handheld mic that will also allow monitoring through headphones or earbuds? I am aware of the iRig Mic HD 2 which seems to be just the thing we need, but it seems to get mixed reviews. Have you used one of these? Is there a better setup?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmichd2/

Thanks!

Mark Murdock

Production Director