Re: About me:
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: About me:
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 18:35:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=HWb5uoRswYW+fPx2dplMh76Ufk0mM/mQVleoIQpRo0w=; b=FW4Q/gPF+Cw5Uh5A9PNQWumxNYPVSl19T1BXVCtS7X0By4Dcjw/EywqpaqEOIb5K/F cvXjzv6harD7UwsTVO0XIs2WCtlpQ28hh24cuqxL6iL6FnNM9y7l7z8Npt4M1mRYYPTq YR9X8N6Migi8NZauplY5oPv6mMKSCp1iXen7dr3s5RxyZj10ep9D8ZdMMDM6zQdMTYT6 +csSEzLrVc1gV1dXNWgl1gwudOW7ylPG+3fOu4vX7Jr+UVZc1U9aZSnQifRj1fNorA+x wPYmeaZSoObFUdynWM+okupPPMAua5EGq/25FFM7CHj2pXkGipB0UFxQJ0QsYd+YOvDY tZMw==
Tom,

Sorry to hear about the change in plans but am glad that you are now out earlier than anticipated and are in a good place.

It was emotionally challenging to leave a regular pay check for the first time back in 1998(ish), but somewhere in about the 2nd week of  total self employment, I realized that I would have a hard time going back to being a simple employee.  While there are days where I am convinced that taking up hatchet fighting as a vocation would be preferable...  But most of the time, I can't imagine doing anything else now after 20+ years of relying on my own wits and wisdom to survive.

Small business in general and radio engineering in particular is a roller coaster of feast or famine.  There are times (like this spring-summer-fall) that I just wish the phone would S_H_U_T__U_P.  And then there are periods of famine when I pick up the phone a couple of times per day to see if there is a dial tone.   Enjoy the famines and the feasts for what they are.  Neither lasts long.

FWIW, my wonderful Connie has a full time job that pays part of our health insurance but more importantly keeps us from staring at each other during those periods of famine...  And motivates me to get home as early as possible during the feasts...

Good luck in your new endeavor and thanks again for all the work on CRTECH and the NAB dinner.

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT