Re: RE: Old Cart Machines and tapes
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: RE: Old Cart Machines and tapes
From: Mark Carol Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 14:39:11 -0700 (PDT)
Dear sirs:

I have kept a very clean single cart deck for the purposes of creating a desk lamp.

All you need is a "goose-neck" microphone stand mounted on the top cover of the deck.  Place a functional lamp fixture on the top of the microphone stand.  Throw on a lamp shade (possible decorated in a radio theme).  You can tap the 120VAC off the cart switch to supply the output.  When you place a cart into the deck ... you get light!  Saw it in a PDs office and snagged the idea, when we were junking the decks.

Maybe you could create a number of these potential lamps and sell them on eBay!  Radio buffs would probably make it worth you while!

If life send you lemons, make lemonade.  If life sends you cart decks, make light!

Mark (MN)