Re: C band Earth station form
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: C band Earth station form
From: Sherrod Munday <smunday@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 15:27:40 -0400
On Oct 4, 2018, at 13:47, kgms Tucson <940kgms@gmail.com> wrote:
E41 and E42. I saw something that said that these numbers should be zero, but that doesn't seem right. How do I figure out what these values are?

E41 & E42 relate to Antenna Gain at a certain frequency for your satellite dish.  It will be something like 42.9 dBi at 4.0 GHz (the actual values I used for my employer's Comtech 3.8m dish that is frequency-coordinated).

The specs will come from your dish mfr’s spec sheet.  Obviously, you’ll need to know the specific model of the dish and then get the spec sheet to have the authoritative answer, but if you’ve got an older dish for which the mfr. is no longer in business, then you’ll have to get more resourceful.

I would mention that the frequency coordination companies (e.g. Micronet, Comsearch, etc.) have lookup tables for lots of dishes.  They’ve assembled that over time and I wouldn’t necessarily expect the info to be free if you’re not using their services, but it’s one place to look if all else fails. (You still need to know the specific make and model of your dish; e.g. there are many variants even among the RSI/Vertex 6.3m dishes that my employer has.)

The Internet archive may have an old copy of older manuals, or you might be able to find a manual online with a search engine.

Or, you could post your model here if all else fails and see if someone else has an identical dish.

E47: I see that AMB-OS from the forum that it is 36M0G7W, but is that the case for Premiere/SRN XDS as well?

It’s likely to be fairly representative, but I’d defer to the official answer from the guys at SRN (some of whom show up on this list periodically) or from the down-and-dirty “figure it out yourself” method using the resources the FCC and/or other companies provide.

From here, I’m going to quote a rather long email from back in April earlier this year.  It deals with this question and there are lots of details for the rest of the form(s).

—Sherrod