Re: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:27:26 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-transfer-encoding; bh=9iLVgcaqdWY7s9IsayWE9DPFbGkZVXePhYE3RSrel2s=; b=IcpIYjEWeX8DUAI2Uemixa32pMqtiJmttzwCIJi9bcLrN61P2FYM2GPDGI0WLaj2ge rFjHCg3mfjG0N1fnGbewOqmGNIpBnASYUnq5Y00eV+B/moi8SK73SheB6pRVEN58ODOt PvtA18fSRo815rntf6VX32PXBx4yi74l+h6fFVkDvJ71bM7w3xAO1W+hx5eyFLIYdTrb ISTHlb5Ids+siXVwsezv9marua8qHdL7NZAHMJMRM+fWCB5olkuOXv/lTHawsfKWYIla tiWMATvYOkB5YTWOYh2atH7wR/fZvQFuBA428gjPlitSvevMfoUNOggrC1KYHOvUebOI YBvA==
I have mixed feelings about the Burk gear myself. At a complex site
that is fully integrated with the relay and analog I/O panels the
labor to re-wire it all is significant. so the conversions to the
newer Burk models seem to me to make some sense. I have one site like
this, at which I installed an ARCPlus Touch. I'm not in love with it
but it does work and can be configured to be much more flexible that
the old ARC system that we replaced. We like the e-mail and
text-to-email alerts a lot. At less complex sites I've been installing
the WVRC units from Broadcast Tools. We've had better success with the
newer PLUS units than the original generation that used to go stupid
all the time.

Mark
MN

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 2:34 PM Pat Wahl <pwahl@wwib.com> wrote:

> I think there are lots of VRC2500 class units out there in operation still (we have three). If this is such a frequent and predictable point of failure and if it is a serviceable card (not a motherboard), then I think the company should rethink this particular decision. This kind of issue does play into my future thinking about Burk products.
>
> Chippewa Falls, WI
>

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:10 AM Mark Carol Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net> wrote:
>>
>> Heads Up on the VRC2500
>>
>> We Just lost one at our Windom site a couple of months ago.  THERE ARE NO REPLACEMENT CARDS. No plans to rebuild them.  You will have to repair the surface mount interface to continue to use them.  Burk is backing away from the support side of the 2500 completely.
>>
>> We are in the process of site by site replacement of our remote systems.  They are not getting cheaper.
>>
>> Mark B(MN)
>>
>> ________________________________

Mark W. Croom
Riverfront Communications, LLC