Re: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
To: CRTECH <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
From: John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 21:26:16 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=jJku9vsfcXSbArkWoKA6NpG/VmYQn88c5YzwUQCDN+Q=; b=eWigE5V7NVEUSQP4xkb4QH4FB6Z324PYHOueu4Zkl7dF6IYCX3oN2XZy0btVJRynPl GLm5I+xxUngq0KXjbzSUNcQWUem+4laxljLMGZZn70HakfcZwv2oRt0bpu7k4dw0Zuqg 9YWmMvVoBqAjQ8TtVJnQedqxvLScR0Kqg7vcIOy/kDRFSbaK6Of7tqFamks4yLGMuqPR csAX1jO4pCSfPbN4pJedv9qd3VL8OS9OAS2WFAtU4vdqXk65qkFaNv3Yo01G6TtfpLw8 Bms+6whXtqG4p+dS1YntTtCQVTMEfFAQQLh6EooWY4c7R5wLdD6OtAsbNbiqrNFTPPNE 4R6w==
I NEVER had ANY Voice Interface fail which was protected with an Optelator.
These things insert fiber optic isolation into a conventional phone circuit. Last I heard, they're running about $300 but when you consider what they do, you can't afford not to have it for a line you need running 24/7. Lightning can still ruin a phone line, but the surges won't reach your equipment.
John S.

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,
then what is baby oil made from?
*~Unknown Wise Guy~