Re: AM Power level question to the Oracle....
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: AM Power level question to the Oracle....
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 14:31:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=y2mjgzYwhHvYWQbyYkoIb1GBONrUjrdr7uvuvbO2eFg=; b=oYqg3kwEuKIAFd7n8ac19WNMt+HRQV6+3cQ2L8MI8oEhjdVqtt3H8MS0R+mh6yD4qH E5ics0ltkukGvfeKgSuXSGl3r0QYEiITPVOQEtdUdQioZDgxfMvmxUgzNf7hfRi9GwhM ixDAP7WDkBPrdckn7JoStAGSFksBaph8WqZfG8XLZTg+kx4bLzrQboTU95cGpWKWkU/N ZzHOiMufz3mD7N3wJm5cPRWg7/ToStnz8N+cS+Oc0Wer7lIi6+YzzXHxiu0VCZymb7He UN4tUJq/AjZCfMtgWFPyb0/3bpMjaIQ9tNtm79rVRKl1u19eSc1hVcvWkk5i2GW9Nl1F XfAQ==
The flea power levels are still valid as long as you have the original document sent by the FCC.  I have been told that the FCC no longer has the software to generate those documents and do not have most of them on file for stations...

Terry, back in the 80's, the FCC automatically granted very low night powers to many daytimers.  The power was calculated to cover the CoL at some percentage of interference via skywave.  I don't recall the exact methodology as I was just a wet behind the ears wire fixer at the time...

Most of the powers were down in the sub-100w but I have a few clients that have several incremental powers that change with time after sunset.

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT