Re: C-band satellite downlink interactive map
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: C-band satellite downlink interactive map
From: Mike Shane <somethingorother@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 12:10:46 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like Salem Omaha’s is missing.

Mike Shane

On September 28, 2018 at 9:18 PM Sherrod Munday <smunday@ieee.org> wrote:

On Sep 28, 2018, at 16:33, Mark Carol Bohnett < mbohnett43@bevcomm.net> wrote:
What if you filed your applications back at the beginning of the recommendation and you look on the map and there are no dots?

Am I to assume that is future forth coming or that my application fell through the cracks in the FCC floor?

I’m not sure whether it fell through the cracks, but I can tell you that the FCC database (and *not* my map) is authoritative.  If you can find it in the database with a “granted” status, it’s done.  If you find it shows “Pending” or something else, I’m not sure how (or if) it shows up in different database tables (but I’d like to find out).

I filed our registration with a coordination study on Feb. 23rd this year, and it took the IBFS bureau until Apr. 17th to grant it (the day before they announced the filing freeze - boy, was I relieved :-).  So patience is a must, especially as we are in the window where the FCC has received upwards of 1,300 new applications (by Comsearch’s count near the end of July --  see https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/comsearch-maps-c-band-earth-station-registrations ).

One of the things I’m trying to figure out is whether the registrations that are submitted without a corresponding frequency study (i.e. to save money with the understanding that no protection from interference is available) are listed in the Coordination table of the database, or are being way-laid on the sidelines until the end of the filing window.

So, if a few of you who are able to see your no-coordination registrations already in the FCC database would send me the information on how to find your registration (i.e. your callsign in the IBFS database (*not* your call letters), a registration number, or a file number) that would be most helpful.  I’d like to add another layer to the map showing the new “unprotected” group in a different color.

--
Sherrod Munday