RE: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Gentner/Burk Voice Interface
From: Shan Easterling <seasterling@afa.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 16:37:55 +0000
Andy,
	Odds are pretty good that the small PCB on which the phone jack is mounted is broken / dead / fried. When we were using a large network of these GSC 3000s, we replaced so many of these phone cards, as we called them, that we just started referring to these phone cards / PCBs as Gentner's factory lightning protection. And yes we also did have additional external lightning protection but those cards just seemed to still be highly susceptible to damage. It's an easy fix IF you can find a spare card...

Shan Easterling
AFR Engineering
PO Box 3206
Tupelo, MS  38801
Office 662–821–2006
Cell 662–523–6722
seasterling@afa.net

“It seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela