Hurricane Florence Watch
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Hurricane Florence Watch
From: Jim Sanders <JSanders@AmbassadorAdvertising.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:40:38 +0000

Even though most of us are well outside the impact boundary of Hurricane Florence, the storm may indeed affect us all.

Amb-OS and the CRC networks utilize the services of Microspace Communications who operates their primary teleport just south of Raleigh, North Carolina.  Normal rainfall typically doesn’t affect C-Band transmissions.  But needless to say, Florence will deliver much heavier than normal rainfall.  Even though we don’t know the specific storm path nor the amount of rain which will fall in the Raleigh area, it’s worth noting a your CRC receivers’ EbN0 may be impacted.

Downlink EbN0 is affected by any degradation in the uplink signal.  And even though Microspace actively adjusts uplinking power to “punch” through heavy precipitation, there may be periodic changes in observed EbN0 at various times over the coming weekend.

We don’t anticipate any problems, but a heads up is probably worthwhile.  We recommend you make sure your AMR-100 is connected to the internet so as to backfill and backload missing packets and programs.  You may also want to have standby programming at the ready for any live material you may capture starting Friday morning.

Most importantly, let’s pray for the friends who are on the eastern seaboard…for their safety and well-being.

Jim

Amb-OS Media

1641 Langley Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614