RE: Radio for Radio
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Radio for Radio
From: Mike Price <mprice@srnradio.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:14:41 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

A regular 600:600 transformer will do nicely.  Even a small one will do as transformers love to be driven by low impedances.  Years ago, the company I worked for used communications grade transformers  (300 to 5000 Hz.) for our console outputs.  We were able to get 20 – 25,000 Hz with very decent distortion because the transformer was being driven by a 25 ohm source impedance. Don’t forget the 8 ohm load resistor on the output of your car radio to keep it happy.  It doesn’t have to be very large as the radio will run at less than 1/5 watt for +4dBu. out of the transformer.

Michael W. Price

Digital Product Engineer

Salem Radio Network

6400 Belt Line Rd., STE 210