RE: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
To: 'CRTech' <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
From: nathaniel.steele@icloud.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:36:43 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1536676606; bh=ryMi2dWjqnlHT4rNZbKSt/15htyNDO46Hn6Ys8YbOAM=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-id:MIME-version:Content-type; b=Xij1OCD+FuWnTIt8uBrj7vRqZTzqEjcVDlSNtsFd0akMmTaWcOfYH29G9/s4cQCrS bKLmYaI2GLecs3vlZKB2wcuqJo+tExrdaMnuB4R6H9jUOgX/s3XQmGoeVOLm9jRiPu rwz1y3EM9qvtxWdDgoznN4llu+HPpKUBDVYlQ6K2iiq/wKNxyPG/SS0NMVUaK5PDTI weu3//Gh17bFh3tayNvH6faYd5Hurq0PyRZb+rx+PZT5426LD8dcsnLrFbgQFyNmnQ R1uAX0jFwbDjiuyx6ShzFw6HIbKfgq+nv/1VPUJOv7ajP9oealHdX++gQ3DMknJKgG Jc+nYuonTnKIQ==

If you legitimately own the audition 3 software license, adobe released serial numbers and an installer that would work after they de-activated the license servers years back.

I have run 1.5  on 7 for years with no issues. When I have clicks and pops I run the DPC latency tool from  https://thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml last I checked it did not work properly on windows 8 or newer, but works fine on 7 and older.

My issues in the past have mostly been a bios setting called speed step, or EIST, which throttles the cpu frequency based on load, disable this and the problem goes away Usually. Otherwise high DPC latency is usually caused by a misbehaving driver, in one case a wireless network card…..