Re: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
From: wayne witcher <wayne@kcgsam.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 14:29:53 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=NETORG3020015.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-kcgsam-com; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=aO+k9VXtz3eG5/ZyYQ34vr63evkr4oJGo8vPGDa4yS0=; b=QJ7F0q0wyRiTeLMssh29rsKKH/TXCzXUjkhJJxjzT4iJY6+QYI8JDB5Rrgudc/ukcx4/u7rViUYA7iCkkSJMFui1EuQ0hx00vDcqa/kMHppwXfff25YpFis+gDR/SyOGkki5PCTO0Crv7+ruOzwaQtIHJihTZF6BaGEnaDRwMwo=

Hello Andy,

My experience has been that the older versions of Audition has not been stable in the Windows 7 environment. Years ago we upgraded to 2.0, and that works well for me in Windows 7.

However, I have seen the glitches you describe when using 2.0 in Windows 10. This caused me to upgrade to 3.0, which works ok with Windows 10.

Recently, after introducing another computer, we discovered that we could no longer register our Adobe software. This forced me up upgrade to the newest version of Adobe, which I completely hate. I fear the day when we will have to replace our studio computers, and thus replace our recording software.

I have used adobe for over 15 years, so I am not even sure what I will use in the future. I figure it will be audacity, which is looks and feels somewhat like the very early versions of Adobe Audition.

Wayne Witcher

KCGS, Marshall, Arkansas