Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 09:42:31 -0400
Is anyone successfully running Adobe Audition 1.0 or 1.5 on Windows 7?

We recently had a new computer built for our main production computer, running Win7 Pro. Audition installed fine and works, but we are having a sporadic audio issue. I have no idea if it's a problem with Audition because it's an older program, not built for Win7, or with the sound card. It's a brand new AudioScience 5811 card, with driver 4.20.12. I already upgraded from version .10 to .12 with no change. I see they posted another driver upgrade a couple weeks ago, so I will give that a try as well.

Audition records and plays back flawlessly *most* of the time. Then just randomly it will put a prominent click into the recording. The clicks are not evenly spaced or even the same pitch or duration. They really sound very much lick a click/pop from a vinyl record. On very rare occasions it will miss or garble a partial word. Sometimes I can record for quite a while and get no clicks. Then I might get two or three in a minute-long recording. We had previously run Audition 1.0 for years on XP with no issues. I had bought a used version of 1.5 to try out, and ended up going back to 1.0 because of a couple of small (unrelated) annoyances. Both versions displayed this behavior.

Has anyone seen this issue with either older Adobe software on Win7 or with newer ASI cards? Any suggestions on where to look? The computer is a brand new box with plenty of horsepower and ram. Audition is the only thing running, so it shouldn't be an issue of resources.

Thanks!

--
Andy Larsen

Manager
WHWL * WEUL * WHWG
Gospel Opportunities, Inc.
130 Carmen Drive
Marquette, MI  49855
906.249.1423
1.800.359.9673

---

Follow-Ups: Re: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
(wayne witcher <wayne@kcgsam.com>, 11 Sep 2018 14:30:04 -0000)
Re: Older Adobe Audition on Win 7
(Brian Blair <brian@kcam.org>, 12 Sep 2018 02:17:19 -0000)