Re: Automatic Router-Modem Reboot
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Automatic Router-Modem Reboot
From: Alan Kilgore <wrvm.engineer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 14:03:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=KIOjmMvVXJufOrvT74x3o4qeHZzdl7MsbCOKhRtpRfM=; b=IMAIKEKQGC9LF+yf06ery7y4W9niXnL1MbUkPXJvPpI/zyiIm0b7y7rt50XUjtOBO9 dA4ziExBNmuCeLrKGpW5mKKMpW2Mg7ODGklHH6blxItwdmJRBRlxfmKWAGpIo+otOSyd IZTHRjx6K5wORD9+FvSLZ+lJH8DLq91hMLhyoiagA3de5llTm3bXrkbOUFSjB4JI1yrJ IlV1hrAqzo4LZERTvNoVpaDuGLarBBYIp5J7uQckgGlgdill6EJYm8puEpj+ydKNpIJh w+rep8qUZOrB3KPSUyJys1+KkKyZ3zRVB//6Skh/D7g0y/0xLyTOIENTYmx94c9j4CID ISbA==
At sites where I have a Davicom remote control I use it to monitor several websites for deciding when to reset a relay in series with the DC cable to the router. I have been looking to decide the best product to purchase for translator sites that have lower priced remote controls.

My research found this as the best potential solution. I am about to order one @ $99:

There are cheaper one-outlet boxes but they usually are often controlled by the device "reporting home" to a manufacturer's server via wifi so that a cellphone app can control it. Those have security issues and are more easily hacked.

Again, I am going on what I researched, not from operating experience. I am about to buy my first one now.

I hope this is helpful.