Re: Burk Plus Touch features
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Burk Plus Touch features
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 10:16:34 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Bkx9x1KSsG4V1F8t2SgNE3FX2TDmOSh+HnmcoCbz3zQ=; b=rjnpGVlfZwIlQGVSPTvejzGj6EAkMWGsIIO6iXbwD/KQE1g6bmEzz5rkwI28CCXhbh 1VKIPWYMi7AB6WQtU6EvA7CEWnI0f4sG3gnI3JkxdOMGf1pp25LoFdQckf3x96YVDbdU l4z1VuwqqorUWNqcwKtuktDxKTSSqDMiGihCjN0YhhyC29bnN0pOXKZNe5eoqZ76dGly Se33Vk3JTPhGspndrqrN2ODKT1Mf0NmRbmOcS8V+YB/ZEPZID8HX6O4tdvsnUZ6Wk5mL Pac1QSHLnroZG29BBQKqgc0LRoJfJJ8DnY08G5++nGXuCi54yiotrCVEqLlr1w9VMpQ4 a6VA==
I agree fully on the 2nd request.  I don't have a new ArcTouch but do have several ArcPlus's .

The first may be more of a problem in implementing from an HTML / web operation standpoint.  I had a similar issue a number of years ago with an early web relay controller and although the software designer tried to implement a simple, basic continuous PTT via mouse function, was never able to make it work reliably due to limitations of the HTML language.  NOW may be a different ballgame with newer programming languages but back then, doing anything more than a click for click relay closure via HTML was problematic.

Later,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT