Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
From: Tom Van Gorkom <tomvangorkom@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:45:35 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=5X4pQE/WVBga3Bu0LkzT2EoKGNGDfcUPEUIjRfB87RY=; b=IOH8RmSQjOPA6cXWiu3S8GuRtf3WZ6N1NN48LsdMdw2vusaGiDGVejJEgvkjBJttBQ wXPcqoKgf9wb0nDhEzSWrQ64MGuLJFgYS+xMQrJN03h8X1ux+3l3iIQ2hIOvWedoklzE JtxmAQCYSW2oQ30v7F5YzRceWs/JJnTDqzXESpIxnQKJ7XO+H+mokl5eI+X9HF84Y0VH Za05UDI0OGzrTLQcLPolJ3yafXpUgQHh7QqKh/hLaooEHAepZ/c2knBl2BHm8EfyxdGT 5kfhuQTW0LE9jgxXpWjeToZK79bruSEf5cojyZ062qzq/OpLWH4xXcwFsDGujkTydjr5 akSA==
We had to have backup internet at a remote site and Verizon was the only choice. I use a Verizon USB modem plugged into a Peplink Dual WAN router that fails over to it when the primary internet fails. I needed/wanted a static IP from Verizon and it cost me $500 one time. As long as I keep that service going, it will be cost effective. It hasn't been the most reliable, but it has held our audio during outages of the primary internet. I pay for 20 GB of data but typically use 8-12GB per month, depending on the number of outages. If I had to rely on it alone, it would become very expensive.

Spectrum charges us $10/mo for static IPs.

We will be moving that transmitter to an even more remote location and it looks like my only immediate option will be to beam my current internet to the new location via a microwave link and keep using Verizon as backup.
Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute