Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
From: Alan Kilgore <wrvm.engineer@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:34:54 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=XYTnuH/vU4buXIE5eWfkosPrPjBImHjWnOW/p0WR/bQ=; b=SDPtFoXArK9n2Pq4f9QK1vJzlHc7EgKHxWe0L74Cd6zP+Yo5cjaQiOlDLhIJxv5HLN 7s22GICc1m5S3mHjTefizyxtFJXEICwf+61JUQ1jRiM7T0xK9dzlTa6M1+hm4FQPOWzU Rv6XzT76oo4Rm6/Dt/JFnqQcMAPnHltUGlWICaepBPMyVnD6qFVQQlp1eml8Ip5Gb4+5 xzKQKqaFnpZIEQeMAwGUscDOWyZ3Yv/eiDTz28Gubby2a5zzy4Qsz8/YReBrSYDZV9/U zfQTtLR0nDE6bK8OXH8bUhfI1pQSRblw+rmEgKcz92w6oVbBBFO9SL8RYH4T4gcwdS9L 6E3A==
Hello, Kevin.

If you did not order a static IP for the particular box, you will see a public IP on the Verizon service which is shared among any number of devices. Think of it as sort of a public address of its gateway being displayed. For that to work, you wouold have to program port forwarding in the provider's router/firewall. That is not going to happen.

The solution is to order static IP for the particular boxes that need port forwarding so that there is a public IP assigned directly to your box. The price from a typical provider can be higher than your pain threshold so you may need to negotiate with someone who handles the IOT accounts to get the best rate. Our static IPs cost us an additional $5/mo each.

YMMV.