Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: AT&T Cellular Routers?
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:47:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=dA56GRMr36ZNVn2v1kXcHo0wbkMFz0RFRnVuINYqzDY=; b=c75uB4ggKI5SkX+DmI0bQp3XYJPHJiO5erVM7kEfkXwjDODP/FzjcOhhlP646p93zD fIyaVW2eFine324GV71myc0Y+AbAq+45AtsXmnmDgFXDe2NIMnT7bVRg87sFo+AWyIYr rmGdPbADqiEOv4w6V7kkJVzcuQ/q27fKqdY8Afi0jvJHIS9kq8ZCQDhem/T/YIXrZmim hX7tf+ZfgCxwNHCtwAVq9ZMWQWMELegHUmr0Lg0XLpMLXsYQkhul5J8GzzSAGxRv67n7 ZXUfSSy4VdFsKLaRSGfuzarB0cophok+lD5EFwkaYzAz2aCpJw/6rkLqeljGDoMbtBjt OJPQ==
Dave,

I have a Verizon Cradle Point IBR-600 that I use for emergency internet backup and site security for project sites. They are available for all of the major carriers.   It's internal router will do port forwarding but I have not yet found a way to beat it into submission... It _should_ be forwarding ports but in my limited time working with it, have not been able to make it work in that respect.  It does provide a very stable internet connection that is dependent on the received signal and bandwidth available.  TeamViewer and browsing works great.

It has both a wired RJ-45 port and strong wireless built in.   I have a cheap laptop with TeamViewer that I typically leave at a site for remote control & IP camera monitoring via either wifi or a wired switch (usually a small Netgear switch).  I feel certain that the port forwarding issue would be simply solved but for the most part is not an issue with the TV connection to the little HP laptop.

Also be aware that IF you push backup audio to a stream decoder IP via the cell connection, it uses your data whether you are using the stream or not...

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT