RE: AT&T Cellular Routers?
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: AT&T Cellular Routers?
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:31:13 -0700

While not AT&T, we are doing much the same at a remote mountain top site with a carrier called Union Wireless, using a Sierra Wireless Airlink LS-300 3G gateway.    This has one Ethernet RJ45 jack which connects to our own router, then on to several online devices including web cams, Burk remote, netBooter, etc.   Union Wireless has a tower nearby on the same mountain.

https://www.sierrawireless.com/products-and-solutions/routers-gateways/ls300/

Reliability has been very good.   We do have a netBooter on site which auto-pings the router and gateway and auto-reboots the devices if pings fail, but this happens rarely.

There is a monthly data cap which will be exceeded if our back-up Comrex BricLink is online all the time.   So we have the BricLink enabled only when our satellite silence sensor detects satellite audio loss and auto switches over to the back-up BricLink.   If the data cap is exceeded, the rate goes up.   Not sure if AT&T would have a data cap.

Bill