Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 19:35:16 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=wjMNrqj5aMq64m2p/yxhvE7ZwMjkFnqwUz/TNrWL+H0=; b=o882E9++HW2ZP1SHA50yuK+jbqXAt5IKHCZLUg2AaHr7d89v4Z/Q1qoQmYP94OfaSB 7vEYEKcnAUhMGv73+XTNBlC8IkwmxriYYG1V8v0Exkyf4/IWz8bSvZcl8Wop/uZ7YiTM KqzMxkOKToAlsWoa2XXu48iPyNwIaxdNJrOqqaUMpKHH8uCT5h1WyiB17dKC8CX0zybx GxIaUhNJQxS8b9/GJlJfQ5I6Il5uyHALmtqzMB4dWHvViLv65TC4Y+sOxbzzkV2lZtj3 hK0j55S069bwBu+JrKP9tWee2JM56JwhBS5g0TbuGEJHLSUhepwz/VvzVCCJFWZq7YiQ /Yog==

For a number of my clients, their internet isn't close to "pretty reliable" and a few of them have exactly one choice for terrestrial internet.  If the internet is going to be the new distribution medium, I foresee a dramatic change from live syndication of real time stream programming to simple file distribution of recorded programming that can survive the sketchy environment of the public internet.

As I have found out the hard way in the past 2 years, when the cellular "g" goes up a notch the coverage goes down several notches.  VZW lit up 4g in southern middle TN and now 2 years later with a number of new sites added, we are still at about 75% of the coverage that we had with 3g.

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT