Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:43:14 -0400
And this is really my largest concern about this whole mess. If it were just program content, that would be one thing. Programming can be pushed out days in advance. There are a number of programs that we take via internet only, because that's the only way they are offered. Rarely is there an issue because programming can be posted and downloaded weeks or even months in advance, then used as needed. Live feeds are another story altogether.

We left a news service a couple years ago that was trying to go cheap and replace live C-band delivery with Internet only delivery for "live" news. I'm sure that streaming could prove to be a better alternative than posting a file every hour and requiring stations to download it, but as others have said, it's not on the same page with C-band for reliability.

Andy