Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: It's the End of SatCom as we know it ...
From: Tim Roberts <tim@kmocfm.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 14:38:18 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=kmocfm-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=1ORNYDt6wdzpRlYB5AGoAkFyQph0QNBQRAdbvpzNE7c=; b=iETTmolGs9nYXj13WqtJlCDAaNbPBV7W8WSNmUQr4ZZm+1BWsb3S7xUWqFKxt4pX7l h16O3JAzYIKeYEdRPS1AFdCQdFBc6Fju1xiFo/OT7Wi+nNbEudhnzbXji2LXF9sJ5x7h lwdeuYUvf9KL1fAYeeS45CFxdb/KokSc4cphQDdVVC0xkKRWBvELNSCZp/DckQNfwZd6 4K/n3sZsVRfIWia4D6TIJxbPNEUDa0RvTZC2VxEGZoanAzOSSqLdCnX5P0qfP6N5Kf14 WXlPLh/GVa9ak2M7UeoudDnGFR4flTznWo6xQNxYJzPd8MqWU01K4VjJ0UbKnTlMd6en 1ShQ==
I detest the idea of relying only on internet for program delivery. If your internet goes down, then you're in a bit of a pickle. Our area recently experienced an internet outage that wasn't just one provider. From what I understand, someone dug into one of the major fiber lines between here and the metroplex. One of our local TV stations use's three ISP's, but when they all come through the same pipe, it doesn't really matter.
I experience regular issues obtaining the few programs we air that aren't available via the AMR-100 or the XDS which we have to download via FTP. I don't recall ever having a single issue with delivery through C-Band.

Tim-KMOC