Re: Weekly EAS tests
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Weekly EAS tests
From: Alan Kilgore <wrvm.engineer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:00:47 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=UfqbIr/UFUqakTCISuFXfjbdYO1itCOhIW2Bynr+pEQ=; b=ehDt3C6V0VofJdgUV5s9A7nxuMXSsEEe45hbBCGj0Qm2ciN/qLm+7c+hQA7YnqYiJJ e35tNCXLvxN/1xyYcsvFJ4/as753Os8vYIMSUw5D/iy0tJUTA25NBFwv9M0xx6+x7FAv 4MV/zTFhRiwTP2NJd9zrLOUCIoC8NdRylw1fg1I8vkCq6BONlvXK6liOLqB1MDtMY92n sxEtDZS5YEvSxnYkaRjFE6A2DzUBRWaZkxAajD0AC0wSlamMIsz/1PEii0zryXWT/iyP f8U8hD/YnJiWw8R5NZXm1zF5zXxlTpqr3VW2kaAWlGKDGZRbtmlx6uyIQtoNmeVLjDjA TsiA==
Hello, Andy.

I never heard of a "practice test" mode on an EAS unit. We use the Sage ENDEC-D.

If I wanted to do a "Practice test" then I would have to route the programming around our EAS unit to prevent it from interrupting our broadcast. So, our box would not "know" whether it was bypassed and it would not be able to discern the difference between a practice and a regular test.

Perhaps you are using a unit from a different manufacturer.