RE: Small Site Solar Equipment Advice Needed
To: 'CRTech' <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Small Site Solar Equipment Advice Needed
From: nathaniel.steele@icloud.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:36:37 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1532363811; bh=Ux0klJkpO3RBqsRAeH0CSa2pATszbtrcV5O6amkqQhg=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-id:MIME-version:Content-type; b=GjKYghfGTKyB96tHPia8Noq3CZrj5h7DRmEmMklvPKw33ZHeKsvCGiQkRDtBRju4Y vjf5z6QJPiNAWQ/17CMaqewcLpVeiw5wGs7d5wLxrfq51LWhjuwXTYutVuHDM25dnI MZ2p0p8SLmYQAmum5CEB3Elofp8Ls+hL8D12ATwvH5PVduBTgLjolLv7qr8pRjh1Ua 6QsZjBLDbkCkuSjh0TgtrydriGs4eMErWk088B4OfRdMNm/+RsIt5Jl7sEhMKaEZ4B it/DMxcrSnUrIGtd2Cl7g58aRRnRF/9xG0suAdz8hRISVH7M8q7PA5U4FimNl1ImIp j3OM8NTx/HBVA==

Renogy has a calculator here:

https://www.renogy.com/calculators/#tab_solar-size

only flaw I see is not including inverter efficiency.

Batteries don’t really like extreme cold or hot.

Buy an MPTT charge controller more efficient and better on the battery. Renogy has an ebay outlet, with pretty good discounts on clearance, open box and returns.

Gotta run that covers the basics.

Oh’ yeah and if its windy you could get one of those little windmill generators…..