Re: Small Site Solar Equipment Advice Needed
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Small Site Solar Equipment Advice Needed
From: John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:45:45 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=qsPz1TABEtAbC0IjQhQQIRB2ZCgPLXdQbp+C5kdwaWM=; b=JcCSYH1Pybts/COZ+U9g1LoutiLi21W7LEZVitkIo2TQvXFO4wjqVl1Ca3g9mjaoaG kBmyMOekpK9PIV/JnjOxeUwX87HJ+c2/4BfRYoXqmBcD8PY+E5kZ9yJwy9aL/t+/5fF9 rsSGY4U8rgqaHnCbq63bqmNpaF5v3AsO3LKqnThV0s4t6tGdRHePmJWyoCAvvmKQugsS qi5fd9kQKolRK9h8TRrGO8vWffGWKODkvz/m1Qi+I7c3/36l8OqHdY49GXbiYzG9Fnrg z2vLjrXfdrJ4yPjDMueE+eD1rBnrTYAs+YdghOqHKokOBLyMhX/7ypTgI62JXFbenMVm yUYA==
1. Does the site have to deal with snow? Will panel need to have snow removed?
2. Select a series pass regulator, rather than a shunt regulator. My son built a small solar system, using a shunt regulator & I think it cooked the solar panel. After 15 years, the panel has turned from a blueish color to brown. Output has dropped to about 25% and there appears to be a couple cells which look like portions may have melted the tiny conductors under the glass.

John S.

Faith is a higher resource than reason
*~Unknown Wise Guy~