RE: Time for a new or rebuilt tube
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>, Wiely Boswell <wiely@faithradio.org>
Subject: RE: Time for a new or rebuilt tube
From: "vern@wa0rcr.com vern@wa0rcr.com" <vern@wa0rcr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 22:08:35 -0500 (CDT)

I have had little trouble with the ECONCO rebuilds. I once had a bad (open filament) on a 3CX2500F-3  for a 5 KW AM rig.

I once had a shorted 3CX3000A7 for a 5 KW FM rig. Other than that; I have had good luck. Tube life is 2 or 3 years.

On the problems I have had, ECONCO customer support was very prompt in sending out a replacement.

I did hear that a year or two ago, several folks had problems with them. I think probably a new person doing the rebuild.

Vern Jackson