RE: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:10:26 -0700

We have a BKG77 on a 10,000 foot mountain with severe icing and wind storms.    After only 2 years one element broke completely off and fell to the ground and a second one was bent.  But this site is especially brutal.   The damage wasn’t caused by ice falling on the antenna, there is nothing up higher.

I agree the flange connector antennas are more durable than N connectors.

Bill