Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 08:26:39 -0500
The mini Radoms are about the size of your fist (maybe a little larger.). They only cove the radiating element. The antenna input is located at the end of the antenna bay near the tower or standoff. If there are more than one bay, the antenna is fed with a 50 ohmn cable from the divider.  One note: install the bays on a pole and stand it off the tower min of 18". The tower really plays with the signal. I have two sites that 48" off that work well.  We also found the SWR changes by moving the bays (adjusting). Radiators up. I say this because they can mount at 90 degree segments. There are holes to drain or hold water if it is upside down.

JOHN VAN MILLIGAN <jpvm54@msn.com> wrote:

I think it did.  The problem appeared to be the rod that runs from the connector to the feed point.  It was just attached at the ends so the middle wiggled as the wind shook the antenna and tower.   The weakest point was where that rod attached to the center pin. They may have improved that in the newer ones.   I've used several that had the 7/8" flange connector and never had a problem.

John