Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
To: "crtech@crtech.org" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
From: JOHN VAN MILLIGAN <jpvm54@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 02:50:02 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=msn.com; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=/MHo+dUDYJexHwORfWNzs9n1x2eMHlGH467mh2f7+IE=; b=kyTtzTBREh4wM8TNEXWazZuoX5eFUdcxLSuYrTi0kLZzCrwJh4SXXwHbIouF+KWmKaz3AszttIBZ+7CkjEsGFBoWUuHVOxzSlpBCVnBsCHczwZRoqzP/VrJeWX8V3G14jKWfEVNDInKyEqW1A88/5Ymp6bE8hwirK1/IIfGQgdiwhgtFmsAuONpfYpBd4a1A+TEhhY3SPSQjMOdVpxaG3BxwapCqDgciA1K17k7jxsaytuIH+FJ/E9tiKgxIpNHjTOD5Hn2bTPDnD3WGcTf6tMmlw0/fkYAHeCMTO5pJcHK2cooobIBjBQjM8G9FG3WBBdSEbX4rQWncreeWEQFEPw==

We had a problem with a BKG77 at a site that has lots of high winds.  The center of the n connector on the antenna would break requiring the antenna to come down for repair.  We replaced it with a PSI and so far no problems.  We have another site with a PSI 2 bay half wave spaced.  The connectors on the jumpers from the power splitter came off.  That was probably from poor installation and the cables were blowing in the breeze.  The PSI comes in one piece from the factory the BKG77 requires assembly.  The BKG77 is for the whole band and the PSI is cut to frequency so swr is usually better with the PSI.  I prefer the BKG77 for translators, especially if I may have to change frequency.

John