Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:59:15 -0500
What frequency? The BKG77 works best if not at the either end frequencies.

Cameron Beierle <manager@kacs.org> wrote:

Could the think tank here on the forum give their input please?

We are constructing a transmitter site under 1Kw, omni-directional, non-commercial band and have narrowed the choice down to one of two antennas.  We have good price offers on both, but a difference of several hundred dollars between them.

One is the Nicom BKG77, the other the PSI FML-1B-HR.  Our Consulting engineer says either will work, but didn’t provide a preference or advice on either.  We want the best possible performance and signal for the available funds, so would appreciate any advice on these two you  might have.

Anyone using these particular units?  Strengths, issues, problems?

Thanks.

Cameron

KACS-KACW-KBSG

Cameron Beierle

General Manager

KACS-KACW-KBSG Family-Friendly Radio

Chehalis Valley Educational Foundation

SW Washington’s family radio service

2451 NE Kresky, Unit A

Chehalis, WA  98532

www.KACS.org

360-740-9436

Follow-Ups: RE: Cameron about Nicom or PSI
("Cameron Beierle" <manager@kacs.org>, 19 Jul 2018 00:29:14 -0000)