RE: End Date vs Kill Date
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: End Date vs Kill Date
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 21:08:27 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

This could be a pitfall in some automation systems.  In ENCO, I believe setting a kill date causes the system to put a delete marker on the cut, which besides causing the cut to not play (a good thing) would mean that when someone does a purge on the system, that cut would be gone and not in a recycle bin for later retrieval (a not so good thing).  Purges can be password protected so that not just anyone can do them, but the purger would still need to know if there is any possibility for a deleted spot to come back on so he could undelete it before doing the purge.

We just put the life dates in the Title field.  Doesn’t cause anything automatic to happen but gives us something to extend when a spot is extended!  It’s pretty much up to the traffic system to not schedule things that are out of their life date range.

As Jon said, in different words, YMMV!

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha