RE: End Date vs Kill Date
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: End Date vs Kill Date
From: Jon Foreman <Jon@ksgn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 23:56:40 +0000

The answer would depend on your automation system and how it is configured.

On many systems, an end date (often with the implied time of 23:59:59) is when a cut should stop playing on a system because it is “out of date” also known as the “end of flight.” If it is still in the schedule many systems will just skip past it. Behavior on rotators or “carts” will vary by system.

A kill date could be defined as when the automation system is allowed to do some housekeeping and automatically erase the file.

Now going back to typing cart labels, kill date probably referred to the end of flight for that spot.

Please note that there may be MANY variations of these definitions.

Jon Foreman
Chief Engineer/IT Manager
engineer@ksgn.com
909-583-2136

Office: 909-583-2150
Fax: 909-583-2170

cid:image001.gif@01D3B9EC.A3EDFDE0
cid:image002.gif@01D3B9EC.A3EDFDE0cid:image003.gif@01D3B9EC.A3EDFDE0 cid:image004.gif@01D3B9EC.A3EDFDE0 cid:image005.gif@01D3B9EC.A3EDFDE0

89.7 KSGN | 2048 Orange Tree Lane, #200 | Redlands, CA 92374 | ksgn.com