RE: Hello
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Hello
From: "Allard, Mark G" <MGAllard@unwsp.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:32:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=unweagles.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-unwsp-edu; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=HWlDZFyY6A/H5bvAYE3rHbV2WOqkelkAmgxLHJVzm3Q=; b=okb++h/APLPbW90Mv1v1JEEXmTa1RGrE3CqXqMl0hbrglif6f12im+xxNe7qEGax2CQyvDrBFYSOnBT6FX/n3RulewJG+7/+tV8bPCTe+BKuNn4M4D/ewht0Q8hUOi/eBj85UxeYXCU3nIyRyRLPNDOrSvM5d77NBSf48Q+1jUg=

Hello Barry Walters,

I’m Mark Allard – Network Audio Engineer at Faith Radio Network - University of Northwestern.

Earlier today, I took some measurements of peak levels coming off or our Unity4K tuned to SNN Left.

Here is what I posted on CRTech:

Here’s my evaluation:

In the past, I’ve found the maximum output before clipping of the U4K has been +18dbu.

As of the last 5 minutes, SNN peaks are hitting +15dbu.

Let’s see if someone from Salem can elaborate.

Mark Allard

As the saying goes, “I love standard.  There are so many to choose from.”

In reference to Salem’s Aphex Compellors, what are your spec’s for setting the Output levels to your modulator for the SNN program channel?

As an example: I typically shoot for 6db below clipping.

Mark