Re: Hook computer directly to Nautel transmitter
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Hook computer directly to Nautel transmitter
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:48:12 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=IR21emm9A7pWEbZlO1GUNtEcQju8jDDuQK94RLzs+n4=; b=peC4HqexLCqTa4qqHrHVptKqiqaXJpYhfkSLjgJkJvlMQ9QekzUVxNQx/XlZC65Kys w4CXyug1hwKrDX3ptclxTUlrV56bt9rcGrucSKrvr3V5JZE77NSUjM13zASsoQWRXz75 kqx3FYRSiFB8/i8bkWSim3dy03BRmyp8wsZyTdm4/BKsHmYrpfvRAqhchS6Q7cVJmnXb XKkbtOw8dmzApvpGDqln5dUrfj2k9izICpUrgxTE8LyLlU+NKT+DC+/7z9oEu8iEuZWX Kmp9mEtXdZLdthqGBesQCszeuQPlR46d/dh4TBU/CRh4VPYzuXEnMyA/dcdq1KEbeTvc emjA==
Lyle,

I have never accessed an NX but it should be about the same as the VS, NV, etc.
  1. Page thru the front panel menu to the NETWORK section (under USER setup IIRC) and set a static IP, gateway, DNS, etc.  Then set your local computer to a static address in the same range.
  2. Use a crossover network cable or pair of cables and a small switch.  OR you laptop may do auto sensing and not need the crossover.
  3. Use a Flash capable browser.
  4. Access the IP for the TX.
  5. IF you get a dark blue screen but no login...  Either enable Flash or try another browser.  I have several different flash capable browsers on my laptop and some of them refuse to open the Nautel AUI.
  6. The default login is typically Nautel / blank but might not be.  I think that a few transmitters were shipped with a default PW based on the MAC or TX serial that is noted on the factory test data sheet.
  7. The audio input level is probably set in the PRESET (but I have never been in an NX)
  8. I have no idea where the schedule is set in the AUI.
Hope this helps.  I compiled the above info from memory and sometimes my memory is pretty sketchy...

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT