Looking for history on radio consoles
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Looking for history on radio consoles
From: Barry Mishkind <crtech@oldradio.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 12:42:46 -0700
At 06:14 PM 6/21/2018, gcarterbc via Broadcast wrote:
>I had some experience with some of the old RCA and WE consoles.  I actually
>rebuilt a late 40's RCA.

        This question/thread has sure sent me
        falling down into the proverbial rabbit hole:
        the more I learn, the more I see I am missing out.

        I just learned, for example, that there was
        a Gates Model 20 series... I'd not heard of it before.

        May I just mention the Hardware page on oldradio.com?
        www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/
        I don't have enough info at this point (all my KFI
        pictures, for example, of their consoles were
        lost years ago) to add a "Custom" index of studio
        gear, but perhaps we can carefully identify some?.

        Whether custom or manufactured, pictures and
        details to fill in the holes would be welcomed. Can
        you help?

        I've revised a basic working sheet.
        www.theBDR.net/articles/audio/cons/Consoles.pdf
        Feel free to note any errors or needed additions.
        (Some are still hard to place, like the WE 22 series).

        My thanks in advance for anything you wish to add.

        The goal is still to try to make this into a series to follow
        the one from Bob Mayben.
        https://www.thebdr.net/articles/prof/history/HPH-Consoles.pdf

        barry