SEMI-TECH:embarrassing stories
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: SEMI-TECH:embarrassing stories
From: Willie Barnett <wbradiolists@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:05:27 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=yq/XrTJ4ajG2PhIGf0Ak1NwghKRGMbxyLyMjdqSt1LI=; b=COY5EATcFwPH2npH+vZwBiMx1p8eN/B3t2Wydke9IVj2YG44Ccm4SFPF6vETS7Gvp4 oPV/5GveMw2KdZJWkQZCl0Sgb0hyfGTrLhNWNk8uHEtrpq8uUi6SRETFJLmpaw10cmhc ISqlt4PZPhQSmOuSGjlE+0yjrPLS+Wo1LRJ6bVrGN8KBgUzYbQOU+oUNsL5cjx0kdwx9 +L242yYOGxb134Uo7sUIJHkAqdNg56AuPViS5Rs1/TjVNB47ZKaXAHx/+EPuOSwAkf3B HuWBIK7VYgqwqp6PsmiKHNlezpKOv4uRElgS9PZwXOAFFVjMQz7xrErnDrIwVHXDVlf4 wXYQ==
Even with what I call "Engineer's Ears"*, we are only human! ;) That sound was, indeed, bouncing off of everything around you, and playing havoc with your brain's direction-finding circuits! ;) The fact that the SOURCE of the sound was MOVING WITH YOU, only added to that confusion! :) So, you can let yourself off the hook on that one. :)

My "I want to DIE! NOW!" embarrassing story goes WAY BACK to the late 80's. I was live on the air at WFIF, and without warning, a small belch escaped! :o I said something like, "Oh! Please, excuse me!" finished the weather, then wanted to DIE!! ;)

Of course, on this very morning, BOTH, the President and the VP of the company (Wonderful men of God) were in the car, on their way to the station. When Dave (The VP) walked into the front door, he gave me "a look"... and I *KNEW* they heard it. Despite the fact that we all laughed, I still wanted to die. ;)

* Engineer's Ears - Trained ears, sensitive to even the tiniest abnormality in the normal aural environment... be that a tiny little beeper going-off in another room, to a faint buzz in the studio monitor, faint distortion in the on-air signal, etc. (Things that most normal people don't even notice.) ;)

Willie...
(It's Friday!)