Prayers appreciated
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Prayers appreciated
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:10:47 -0400
Your prayers are appreciated for our area. Michigan's Upper Peninsula was hit with several rounds of severe thunderstorms beginning Thursday night. The worst was in the Keweenaw Peninsula where they received 4-8 inches of rain over the course of several hours early Sunday morning. Several communities have been hit hard by flash flooding (Google Houghton Michigan flooding for pics and video) and state and US highways either remain closed or down to one lane this morning due to washouts, undercut pavement and extensive debris on the road. I think some of the video made it to the weather channel. Not a great reason for national exposure.

We had several outages at various locations due to power outages, including a blown transformer at one location. Our main station was off the air last night for about 3 hours after a tree came down over the power line feeding our transmitter which took down wires for two of the three phases. Our AC power fail sensor was connected to the one phase still active, so I had to drive to the site to figure out the problem. I seem to remember a recent discussion here about that--gotta go find that one. :)

We still have a translator off the air this morning, we believe due to a power outage. Power company  is en route right now to check, but the location of the first is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, followed by a half-hour ATV ride through forest service and two-track roads. I was up there two weeks ago for routine maintenance, so I'm praying the power company finds the problem and fixes it!

--
Andy Larsen

Manager
WHWL * WEUL * WHWG