Re: Re: Transmitter Suggestions
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Transmitter Suggestions
From: Alex McKenzie <alex@kprd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:55:45 -0500
I think that SWR foldback is user adjustable on the Gates boxes, if you're willing to assume more risk, you can up that ratio! I want to say they ship at 1.3 foldback. But you're right, 1.5 being the max is a little low with no radomes.  Every time the ice has gotten bad enough to shut it down, I usually click low power and power on and they fire back up. I have the same issue with my Nautel though. There's been occasions in Nebraska that the Nautel just wouldn't come back on no mater "watt"!

Best,
Alex

Alex McKenzie
Chief Engineer