RE: Transmitter down ! !
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Transmitter down ! !
From: Mike Price <mprice@srnradio.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 14:27:43 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

Don’t be too fast at not looking at the contactor.  I had a BE 4MX-25 where the contactor failed entirely.  Turned out that the contactor coil is powered from an internal switching power supply that could take in anywhere from 80 to 250 volts AC or DC and drive the contactor’s coil with its output.  The entire contactor would have been expensive to replace, but I was able to buy the internal power module for about $175.

Michael W. Price

Manager, Technical Services

Salem Radio Network

6400 Belt Line Rd., STE 210