RE: Unity 4000 Problem
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Unity 4000 Problem
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 10:23:36 -0700

I haven’t had one chatter, but did have one fail that was fixed by replacing a bad cap on the power supply board.   Those units are getting old enough to have caps go bad.   The cap I replaced was the largest one, 150 ufd, 400 VDC.   The bad cap was physically bulging, easy to identify without a cap tester.

Bill