I am forwarding a question from our G.M. sent 4/27/18.
Our present challenge in East Central Missouri: Anyone else had this problem? For the past 3 months or longer, we have had modulation drop outs using 1 BARIX Instreamer and 3 Exstreamer 100s to feed 3 simulcasted FM outlets. Many dropouts occur momentarily- to several minutes in duration; usually between 8 PM and 10 PM every evening; but sometimes at other times. We are at the end of things to check, except choosing another manufacturer, which would be expensive. We have tried the following:
1. Checked cabling connections.
2. Replaced BARIX units;
3. Replaced Internet router.
4. studied Internet buffering usage by others.
5 Checked and expanded our Internet connection (bandwidth, etc.)
6. Discussed with BARIX experts.
7. Verified BARIX settings and Firmware for conpatibility (?).
8. Checked AC power warts.
9. Enlisted other local engineer's suggestions. The problem appears to be common to the Instreamer end.
But still, no correction.
Our listenership cannot and will not accept this condition, which degrades the effectiveness for the Gospel in our area.
Anyone else had this problem, or any suggestions?
James Goggan, GM
Good News Voice-KGNA/KGNN/KGNV/KGNX
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org