RE: Re: AM antenna switch for 5kW ?
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Re: AM antenna switch for 5kW ?
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 10:53:25 -0700
With the tower only a couple hundred feet away it would be a very
significant source of RFI unless the shipping container if very well
shielded.   I would expect more RF from the tower than from a hole in the
transmitter.   At only 200 feet and 5KW the field strength off the tower is
probably several volts per meter.   Learned this when I maintained a studio
in a converted metal mobile home only 200 feet from the 5KW AM tower.  RFI
was very significant.

Bill