RE: AM antenna switch for 5kW ?
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>, "'PUBtech'" <pubtech@lists.pubtech.org>
Subject: RE: AM antenna switch for 5kW ?
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:41:12 -0700
I used to work in AM.  Used a couple of these RF contactors for two
transmitter RF switching to a single antenna tower.

http://www.kintronic.com/shop/40-amp-contactor/

Connected the solenoids to the remote control system.

The small stray capacitance and inductance of these makes little difference
at AM.   Flattened the end of the coax center conductor and drilled hole
through it to mount to the terminal on the contactor.    The transmitters
were 5KW and 10KW.

Bill